How our Friends group helps support our library and it's branches and the community:
* Improvements such as book shelving, furniture, lighting and landscaping.
* Commitment of monthly funds to purchase books for Stinson and it's branches.
* Monetary contribution to the library's Summer Reading Program.
* Donates new books to local school libraries and funds the Book In Every Home Project.
How do we generate funds?
* We have advertised sales of donated books at least three times a year - Winter, Spring and Fall.
* At the fall October Fest Celebration we have a flea market in addition to the book sale.
* Sale of t-shirts, sweatshirts, book bags, paperback and hard cover books and other items available at the library and at our book sales events.
* Membership dues, donations and endowments.
How can you become a "Friend"?
* Individual membership - $10/2 years (July 1st to July 1st)
* Business membership - $25/2 years
* Individual lifetime membership - $100 (Names placed on our plaque displayed at the library.)
* Send your check made out to: Friends of Stinson Library, Inc.
409 South Main Street
Anna, IL 62920
We are a not-for-profit corporation with a 501-C-3 status, so all membership dues, donations and endowments are tax deductable.